During this webinar, our presenters identified commonly found contaminants in parenteral drug products, how these contaminants are introduced into the manufacturing process, how they can be detected both visibly and non-visibly and laboratory techniques used to identify contaminates. They provided insight into terminology used when discussing parenteral contamination including the difference between particle-free vs. sterile and the standards for visual inspection. They also discussed the importance of taking a pro-active approach to quickly source and manage contaminant issues in the manufacturing process to reduce the risk of future contamination and potentially save your company money by preventing potential recalls.
Highlighted Topics Covered:
- Identify commonly found contaminants in parenteral drug products
- How contaminants are introduced in the manufacturing process
- How to detect contaminants visibly and non-visibly
- Laboratory techniques used to identify contaminates
- Provide insight into terminology used when discussing parenteral contamination
- How to reduce the risk of further contamination and potentially save money by taking a pro-active approach to quickly source and manage contaminant issues