Original Event Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Duration: 1 hour
Presenter: Oksana Olkhovyk, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Gateway Analytical
Host: Shawn Wilhelm, Marketing Coordinator, Gateway Analytical
Highlighted Topics Covered:
- The benefit of ingredient-specific particle sizing for measuring in vitro drug particle size distribution
- Specific discussions on how this method can address a critical path opportunity for generic nasal spray suspensions
- Discussion of FDA bioequivalence guidance documentation for generic nasal spray suspensions
- The benefit of this information for innovative product design and intellectual property benefits
- The evaluation and identification of particle aggregates using this method
An accurate, timely, and cost effective method of measuring drug particle size distribution is important during formulation as well as batch release testing. Raman chemical imaging is a novel technique used during these phases, which enables scientists to accurately measure drug particle size distribution and identify the chemical makeup of aggregates and their particle size to build a better understanding of the formulation properties.
This webinar is designed for scientists working to develop nasal spray suspensions, inhalation products, topical suspensions or working in particle engineering. In this webinar, we will discuss the benefit of this novel method of particle sizing that automatically measures particle size distribution. We will also discuss specific references to FDA bioequivalence guidance documentation, innovative product design and intellectual property benefits.
Oksana Olkhovyk, Ph.D., Senior Scientist
Dr. Oksana Olkhovyk has more than 10 years of chemical imaging experience in the pharmaceutical and materials science industries. Dr. Olkhovyk applies her expertise in physical chemistry and materials science to advance development of products and processes using chemical imaging techniques. Dr. Olkhovyk specializes in numerous optical spectroscopy and microscopy techniques; innovative applications of chemical imaging, materials synthesis and characterization; and surface chemistry.
As a Senior Scientist at Gateway Analytical, Dr. Olkhovyk develops analytical methods for chemical and materials analysis using Raman, NIR and fluorescence spectroscopy and imaging technology to support key commercial projects.
To replay this webinar, please fill out the short form below.