In this Issue:
- Cracking the Layers of Controlled Release Systems through Innovation
- Quality Corner: Ensuring Product Integrity Companywide
- Get to Know Sara Nedley, Forensic Scientist
- Featured Instrument: Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy
- Emerging Technology: Automated Raman/LIBS Analysis
- Latest News: Grand Opening Celebration, Free Webinar and Trade Show Listing
Grand Opening Celebration Attracts Dignitaries and Industry Experts
Following in the tradition of the many innovative businesses that call Pittsburgh home, executives at Gateway Analytical marked their status as one of the newest high-quality analytical labs in the area with a grand opening celebration on April 12. An all-day event, local dignitaries, industry experts and members of the community came to celebrate and show their support.
“It’s innovation and research and high technology like you’re seeing right here that’s going to continue to allow Western Pennsylvania to lead the way, not just in this country, but internationally,” opened Congressman Jason Altmire.
Representatives from Pa. Senator Jane Orie’s and Pa. Representative Mike Turzai’s offices, as well as executives from Gateway Analytical’s parent company, ChemImage Corporation, joined Rep. Altmire to round out the morning activities with an official ribbon cutting.
Afternoon festivities included industry-specific tours and keynote speeches from: Dr. Fredrick W. Fochtman, Director of Duquesne University’s Forensic Science and Law Master’s Program; Dr. Todd Osman, Executive Director of the Materials Research Society; and Robert Holley, a pharmaceutical/vaccine industry expert.
FREE WEBINAR: Advancing Development of Generic OINDPs through In Vitro Testing
Weds., June 22, 2011, 1-2 p.m. ET
Presenters: Ryan Priore, Ph.D., Director of Applications & Contract Services, Gateway Analytical;
Charles Eck, President, Exemplar Pharma
According to a 2007 report by J.A. DiMasi, companies spend an estimated $1.2-$1.3 billion on research and development for each approved drug due to the increasing complexity of the research and development process—particularly clinical trials. This webinar will demonstrate how novel analytical methods, along with scientific and regulatory expertise, can help cut the time and costs associated with getting generic orally inhaled and nasal drug products (OINDP) to market.
During this one-hour webinar, expert panelists will cover:
- FDA guidance that control various aspects of both chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC) and bioavailability/bioequivalence requirements
- Regulatory pathways for generic OINDP products
- Current trends in in vitro novel analytical method development
- FDA Critical Path Initiative for bioequivalence of nasal spray suspensions
- Nonconformance issues or deviations of drug product during manufacturing via Pharmaceutical Forensics
Click here for more information and to register.
Upcoming Tradeshow Events
From forensics to controlled release to everything in between, here’s a look at some upcoming conferences where Gateway Analytical will be exhibiting:
- MAAFS Annual Meeting
May 23-27, 2011
Founder’s Inn and Spa, Virginia Beach, Va.
- 38th Annual Meeting & Exposition of the Controlled Release Society
July 30 – Aug. 3, 2011
Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center, National Harbor, Md.
- 2011 Trace Evidence Symposium
Aug. 8-11, 2011
Hyatt Regency Crown Center, Kansas City, Mo.
Comments? Feedback? YourGateway topic ideas? We’d love to hear them. Email email@example.com to get in touch.